Wednesday 7 November 2012

Infra at the Royal Opera House is a must!

I went to my first ballet in London last night at the Royal Opera House. The ROH is a beautiful venue. I took some photos and here are a few of them:










I watched three performances, Viscera, Infra and Fool's Paradise performed by the Royal Ballet. It was a fantastic experience. I mostly enjoyed the second performance, choreographed by Wayne McGregor and music by Max Richter. The show was set against a backdrop of animation art by Julian Opie.

Here is the trailer:

 

It was incredible and absolutely breathtaking! I was attached to the stage the whole time waiting for the next brilliant movement each moment. The show was also emotional and moving for me. At one point I found tears in my eyes. I'm not exactly show where they came from to tell you the truth. After the show, my friends each had different interpretation of the underlying story. I guess each person will take something different from the performance. However, we all felt deeply mesmerised by the beauty of the performance. If you are in London, I highly recommend the show at ROH. Check it out before it ends on Nov 14th. You can find cheap tickets. I got mine for 5 quid. Give it a shot. I guarantee you will enjoy it.

And if you can't go, check out the 2009 performance on youtube here:


Prepare to be amazed and moved by this brilliant performance! Enjoy!

Health & Happienss




No comments:

Post a Comment