Thursday 3 January 2013

Review: The Breakfast Club


Today, I went to the Breakfast Club with a couple of friends. We had the option of ordering from the brunch menu or the lunch menu. They serve brunch until 5 pm. How fantastic is that! We went with the brunch menu. I went with Veggie All American and my friends went with The Full Monty and When Haloumi Met Salad Wrap. 

Veggie All American - pancakes, eggs, veggie sausage, mushrooms, home-style fried potatoes and maple syrup 

The Full Monty - bacon, sausage, black pudding, eggs, home-style fried potatoes, mushrooms, beans, grilled tomato and toasted multigrain bloomer

When Haloumi Met Salad Wrap - grilled haloumi, sunblush tomatoes, houmous, spinach, balsamic reduction in a warm tortilla wrap
My friends enjoyed their meals a lot. As for my entree, here are my thoughts: 

The fried potatoes were nicely cooked, soft and creamy, but were not flavourful. The mushroom (not mushrooms as described in the menu) was juicy, thick and flavourful. Loved it. The eggs were fried perfectly. The veggie sausage was delicious. It was creamy and soft inside and crispy on the outside. I forgot to ask the server about what exactly was in the sausage, cheddar perhaps? 


I was disappointed with the pancakes that I ate with a little bit of maple and agave syrup. The pancakes were not fluffy but rather thick and doughy. The pancake was heavy and cutting it felt like cutting steak. 


As for the drinks, I went with black coffee and and my friends went with flat white and camomile tea.



I love the "I <3 BC" label. To me, it means "I <3 British Columbia." :D Unfortunately, my cup had hair in it. The server replaced my coffee and apologised. I'm OK with it. I got an apology and these things happen sometimes. 


The service was quick and the servers were courteous. I enjoyed the relaxed vibe and the groovy music as well. The decor was unique and nostalgic. It brought back some nice childhood memories, especially the SEGA and old school TV. 


Overall, the food was comforting and the atmosphere was welcoming. I do recommend The Breakfast Club. It's an excellent place for a lazy Sunday brunch. There are five locations and I went to the one at Spitalfields. 

http://www.thebreakfastclubcafes.com/



To health and happiness and comforting fried eggs :)


No comments:

Post a Comment