Sunday 7 October 2012

It's my third week in London and I have fallen deeply in love with it. What am I doing here and where did I come from? I am here to do my post-graduate studies and I come from Vancouver, Canada. I will be here for a year, but truth be told plan to stay for as long as possible and perhaps forever. London has so much offer that a life-time in London won't be enough to explore it. Living in London is like living in a mini-world, where all cultures, languages and ways of life live side by side in harmony. No one cares where you come from or what you do. You are welcomed. Coming from Vancouver, a relatively quiet large city to London, a huge and crowded city I wasn't sure how welcoming Londoners were. I was pleasantly surprised by the warmth and genuineness of Londoners. They won't hesitate to go out of their way to give you directions or have a random conversation with you at the cashier's about what VAT (Value Added Tax) is. It's only been three weeks and I feel like I am home. I fit in.

This is my first posting and I already feel like I am behind. There will be many more posts to come. For now here is a picture of an Ethiopian food stand at the Brick Lane Sunday Market where I purchased my dinner. The ladies were so kind and the food is just amazing (eating it as I write this). Enjoy from afar.

Health & Happiness


PS - I also scored this handbag (aka purse in Canada) for £15 at the market. 


I really wanted this one too, but the seller wouldn't go below £25. :(


And got some fruits for £4.


Next time I'll post some pictures from the market. More to come. 




No comments:

Post a Comment